Fort Meade, MD
Geon Technologies has an immediate need for a Software Engineer Level 1 to design and code new software, develop simple data queries, and integrate existing software into new or modified systems using signals analysis tools.
Responsibilities and Duties
The software engineer will be responsible for:
- Designing and coding new software as well as modifying existing software to add new features.
- Integrating existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Making recommendations for improving documentation and software development standards.
- Developing and/or implementing algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assisting with executing test procedures for software components.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Seven (7) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- One (1) year of demonstrated experience using signals analysis tools.
- One (1) year of demonstrated experience in SIGINT RF.
- Health insurance with HSA plan
- Fully paid dental and vision
- Long and short term disability insurance
- 401K with 10% company contribution
- Generous holiday and paid time off allowance
- Tuition assistance
- Credit hour banking
- And much more…
Geon Technologies is a rapidly growing small business that provides signal processing and sensor system integration services to the United States Government (USG) and the industry base that supports them. Geon seeks to be known for “ signals, sensors, and systems ”. Geon has expertise in the science and development of signal processing techniques and algorithm solutions for multi-INT applications. The signal processing and hardware focused sectors of Geon are supported by the work Geon conducts with open architectures, open frameworks, and open systems that facilitate the rapid development, integration, and deployment of techniques and capabilities to operational contexts.
Don’t be another butt in a seat. Come join a company that brings unique expertise and value to our customers.