In addition to supporting REDHAWK SDR, Geon Technologies also offers a growing variety of training materials and formats. These formats include free online materials all the way through to custom instructor-led multi-day courses.
Geon Technologies also offers in-class, instructor-led training courses that cover 1-3 days of material depending on the scope of your team’s needs. Also given our extensive knowledge, we can offer customized topics along with one-on-one sessions. Some topics include:
What is REDHAWK?
- The 10,000 foot view of a REDHAWK system architecture
- Definition of key elements of a REDHAWK Domain.
- How is data exchanged?
- How can data connections be established?
- What is a Waveform and what does it mean to deploy it?
- REDHAWK installation and quick domain setup.
- Updates on latest features of the upcoming RH2.2.0 LTS release
- Anatomy of a Component
- Introduction to Properties – latest simplified model
- Review of Ports
- Introduction to Component development
- Properties – a deeper look that includes Property Changes.
- BULKIO and BURSTIO Port Types and Streams
- Logging infrastructure
- Soft Package Dependencies
- Message Ports – point to point, asynchronous notifications and communications
- Learn about port directions and the implication on messages
- How are property structures for messages handled in code generation?
- IDE Chalkboard and Sandbox development tools for Waveforms and Components
- Component development labs
- Optional: An introduction to the new Shared Address Space model in 2.1.x beta series
- Using the IDE to assemble waveforms and deploy them
- External ports and properties.
- Testing waveforms using Chalkboard and Sandbox
- Launching your own waveforms without the IDE.
- Adding and Connecting Components
- View the relationship between a Waveform and a Node’s Devices
- Understand Dependencies and Soft Packages
- Deploy, Launch, and Interact with a Waveform (IDE and Python)
- Overview of using the Python Sandbox to interact with the Waveform
- Learn about and add a Uses Device relationship to a Waveform
- Introduce Pass on command line
- Introduction to the Connection Manager API
Devices and FrontendInterfaces 2.0 – Lab and Demonstration Based
- Review basic elements of a Domain – context for Devices
- Explain an Executable Device deployment model – automated, distributed application deployment
- Discuss the implications and alternatives of custom interfaces in REDHAWK
- Explain FrontendInterfaces – the key to RF-As-A-Service.
- Discuss a Device’s Usage State, Admin State, and Operational State
- Frontend Allocation Properties
- Allocate and Deallocate the Device from the Python Sandbox
- Test a Device in the Python Sandbox
- Implement the Device in a Node
- Discussion of Node deployment models
- Allocate a signal source to a Waveform with the Uses Device relationship
Additional Topics (optional)
- REDHAWK & GNUradio – an integration pattern
- REDHAWK & RFNoC – a complete, agile sensor architecture for converged RF applications.
- Embedded Build Tooling for REDHAWK
- Overview of docker-redhawk – many examples of REDHAWK domain setup, configuration and deployment.
- Overview of REST-python
- Other customer driven discussion… Advance notice is requested for special topics.
Contact us for pricing information.
Free Online Materials
On our YouTube channel you will find a range of topics covered beginning with basic REDHAWK training up through some more advanced topics including example projects. We also occasionally post demos of projects using REDHAWK and examples of device integration.
Also, throughout this site one can find our various blog posts related to REDHAWK in a variety of categories. Topics include everything from the most basic fundamental elements expressed in infographics, as seen blow, up through very detailed explanations for how to use event channels to build autonomous system architectures in REDHAWK.
See also: Waveform Deployment